Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] getting automatic Volume Labeling to work

2014-03-26 16:11:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] getting automatic Volume Labeling to work
From: Ralph Cunnington <Ralph.Cunnington AT bib DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:09:21 +0100
Hi bacula-users, hi Ken,
giving Bacula 5.2.13 on SuSE 13.1, 4 Clients on SuSE SLES11 SP1

where is the trick getting automatic Volume Labeling to work ?
I've tried 3 variations as you see in Pool config.

Pool {
  Name = Weekly
  Use Volume Once = yes
  Pool Type = Backup
#
# a) using variables
#  LabelFormat = "${Pool}-${weeklyCounter}+"
#
# b) using
#  LabelFormat "weekly-"
#
# c) using Python scripting
# LabelFormat = ??
#
  AutoPrune = yes
  VolumeRetention = 32d
  Recycle = yes
  RecyclePool = Scratch
  Action On Purge = Truncate
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 200G
}
Director-Conf with
Scripting Directory = /etc/bacula/scripts # containing default DirStartUp.py /
Python 2.7 aktive.
Counter {
   Name = weeklyCounter
Minimum = 1
Maximum = 999
Catalog = MyCatalog
}

Storage Conf has Label Media = yes set.

seems everything is as it should be....but every job started ask to label a new
volume !

so:
1) what am I missing ? and
2) how to check my SuSE 11.3 bacula.5.2.13-mysql.rpm for having python support
included (*python restart gives Nothing done) ??

ok, Python or not it should be possible to AutoLabeling Volumes doesn't it ?
There are some posts on this list ans I thought I've put all those information
into my configs so far.

Regards
Ralph Cunnington
---
IT-Support und Systementwicklung Paderborn

b.i.b. International College, Fürstenallee 3-5, 33102 Paderborn
Tel:+49(0)5251-30101 - Fax:+49(0)5251-301161
Ralph(dot)Cunnington[at]bib(dot)de - www.bib.de
Träger: Bildungszentrum für informationsverarbeitende Berufe e.V., Paderborn
Vorstand: Felicitas Schneider, Dr. Bernhard Hartung, Thomas Hommes, Prof. Dr.
Michael Löwe
Geschäftsführer: Georg Herrmann / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Paderborn /
Registernummer: VR 639