Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine

2014-03-09 11:17:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>, Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:12:36 +0100
Hello,

From what you are writing, I am sorry to say that you seem to be doing it all wrong. The Windows binaries that are provided are in fact an installer.  There is no need to use sc.exe.

Please read the Windows chapter of the manual to learn how to install them correctly.

Best regards,
Kern

On 03/03/2014 05:19 PM, Larry Kemp wrote:

Kern,

I might be responding to an older email….

Sir, I believe the reason it did not show the version correctly or at all was due to my own lack of expertise with the Windows sc.exe commands, not giving sc.exe to parameters to do so correctly or at all.