Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help please. Incremental backup works very strange.

2014-03-05 07:54:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help please. Incremental backup works very strange.
From: Christian Manal <moenoel AT informatik.uni-bremen DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 13:23:36 +0100
On 05.03.2014 12:40, Логинов Илья wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem with Bacula.
> The problem is that the incremental backup works very strange.
> I create full backup of the empty folder, then I load it
> files and do incremental backup. Here everything is working properly and
> correctly restored.
> But when I clean the folder and do incremental second backup (already empty
> folder) and do
> recover latest incremental backup, files that have been deleted are restored,
> Really Bacula in incremental backup not be stored information about what files
> no longer exist? Maybe somehow make that not restores deleted files. In
> documentation
> this not described.
>
> Thanks))

Hi,

what you are looking for is the "Accurate Backup" feature:

http://bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/Released_Version_3_0_3_3_0_.html#SECTION00421000000000000000

Warning: Activating this might make some of the Bacula daemons use a
boat load of RAM during backups, depending on how big your fileset is.

Regards,
Christian Manal