Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error compiling Bacula 5.2.13

2013-12-19 23:43:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error compiling Bacula 5.2.13
From: "Gary R, Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:30:39 +1100
On 20.12.2013 13:24, Mingus Dew wrote:
> I was compiling against 64-bit mysql and it didn't like that....
> derp...

As has been pointed out, the "-mt" is from the "libtool" obscenity, and
using the garbage compiler collection on Solaris is an annoyance.

Get Solaris Studio, it is a free download from here (at the moment):
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/downloads/index-jsp-141149.html>.

Then, run configure with "--disable-libtool".  If configure no longer
has that option, report it as a bug.

I haven't built bacula for a while, but I got a clean 64-bit build on
S10 with 64-bit MySQL (from the Coolstack days) just by having "-m64" in
CFLAGS, and LDFLAGS, and setting CC=cc, CXX=CC.

Sort of like this:
./configure \
   CC=cc CXX=CC \
   CFLAGS="-g -O -m64" \
   LDFLAGS="-m64 -L/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/64/mysql
-R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/64/mysql -L/usr/sfw/lib/64 -R/usr/sfw/lib/64"
\
   --disable-libtool \

         Cheers,
                 Gary    B-)