Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Wrong behavior of Incremental backup

2013-12-10 01:55:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Wrong behavior of Incremental backup
From: "it AT kipspb DOT ru" <it AT kipspb DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:52:18 +0400
Hello, Bill.

Thank you for your quick answer.
> On 12/09/13 06:38, [email protected]:
>> Hello. There are problems with size of some incremental backups in
>> our installation.
>> And the same issue took place last week with another FileSet. Please,
>> tell us if you need details of this second issue and we will send
>> them ASAP.
> Hi Vladimir Just a quick thought. Is it possible that you had modified
> one (or more) of your fileset definitions between jobs?
No, it is not our case. I wrote, that CreationTime of FileSet is 2013-07-04,
but bad incremental backup was on 2013-12-03
> If yes, then Bacula will automatically upgrade the next Diff or Inc
> job to a Full, unless you have the "Ignore FileSet Changes = yes"
> parameter defined in your Fileset. I see that you do not have this
> paramter set in your filesets, which is why I asked.
And log of bad incremental session shows no strings like "Upgrade
Incremental to Full"
> Also, I think your logs might show something like "No prior Full
> backup found, upgrading to Full" or something similar to that for the
> jobs that appear to be full when they should be incremental or
> differential.
There aren't such lines in the log. Full log of problem job is attached
to my first letter (job_6699_log.txt)

Vladimir Scherbo