Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Wrong behavior of Incremental backup

2013-12-09 11:56:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Wrong behavior of Incremental backup
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:53:36 -0500
On 12/09/13 06:38, it AT kipspb DOT ru wrote:
> Hello.
> There are problems with size of some incremental backups in our installation.
> And the same issuetook place last week with another FileSet.
> Please, tell us if you need details of this second issue and we will send them
> ASAP.

Hi Vladimir

Just a quick thought.  Is it possible that you had modified one (or more) of
your fileset definitions between jobs?

If yes, then Bacula will automatically upgrade the next Diff or Inc job to a
Full, unless you have the   "Ignore FileSet Changes = yes"  parameter defined
in your Fileset.

I see that you do not have this paramter set in your filesets, which is why I
asked.

Also, I think your logs might show something like "No prior Full backup found,
upgrading to Full"  or something similar to that for the jobs that appear to
be full when they should be incremental or differential.

Hope this helps.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC