Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy job question

2013-12-10 11:48:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy job question
From: Steven Hammond <shammond AT technicalchemical DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:45:55 +0000
We back our servers to disk.  We then follow up with a job to copy them to
tape.  The backup to disk uses compression.  My question is this: When the COPY
job runs, does it decompress the job on disk before sending it to the tape or
does it just copy it straight to tape (which means the hardware compression
really is not effective)?  Thanks.

Steven Hammond
I.T. Manager
Technical Chemical Company