Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [SOLVED] Spooling attrs takes forever

2013-12-06 09:22:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [SOLVED] Spooling attrs takes forever
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:20:05 -0500
On 12/06/13 05:20, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to jump into this so late, but if you are really looking for
> DB speed, XFS is also a very good filesystem, quite possibly better
> that ext3 or ext4 for databases like Postgres or MySQL.

Properly tuned, ext4, XFS and JFS are about on par.  All three perform
*ridiculously* better than ext3, so much so that PostgreSQL recommends
XFS over ext3 for PostgreSQL installations.  In my experience, for
typical database I/O JFS outperforms XFS, but it is less widely supported.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.