Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failed to Connect to Storage daemon File

2013-12-06 09:20:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failed to Connect to Storage daemon File
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:17:23 +0100
Hello,

2013/12/4 Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Hi Richard,

There are some mistakes about the storage definition in your confs. Considering you have an autochanger, I will put here a suggestion:

bacula-dir.conf:

Storage {
  Name = micd3.gbr.hp.com-sd
  Address = micd3.gbr.hp.com                # here is your host name where is your bacula-sd running.
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "LZmffqI8xfbnpj5T88tB+r+tPTQI/9Z2FFPrLqrNxOl0"
  Device = LTO-6-1            # the same name you have in bacula-sd.conf for Device Name (not Autochanger Name)
  Media Type = LTO-6

For my best knowledge it could be wrong.

  Autochanger = yes

If you add Autochanger = yes then at your Device above you should put autochanger name (LTO-6-Autochanger in your example).

}

bacula-sd.conf:

Autochanger {
  Name = LTO-6-Autochanger

It should be valid bacula-dir.conf->storage->device name.

  Device = LTO-6-1
  Changer Command = "/opt/bacula/bin/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg0                  # supposing it is /dev/sg0 from your config: Changer Device = /dev/sg0
}

Device {
  Name = LTO-6-1
  Media Type = LTO-6