Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Console - shows conflicting info

2013-12-02 13:57:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Console - shows conflicting info
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:53:25 -0500
> 25-Nov 13:38 home-server-dir JobId 144: Fatal error: Network error with FD
> during Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer
> 25-Nov 13:38 home-server-dir JobId 144: Fatal error: No Job status returned
> from FD.
> 25-Nov 13:38 home-server-dir JobId 144: Error: Bacula home-server-dir 5.2.5
> (26Jan12):

I am not sure what your exact configuration is but my guess/hunch is
that your jobs are being spooled to the server, but while they are then
being de-spooled to your volumes, the connection back to the client is
cut off for whatever reason ("Connection reset by peer" error).  This I
think would explain why the client may in fact think it finished ok but
the server doesn't. That is probably technically a bug and not a
feature. :)  Look at the Bacula "Heartbeat Interval" option if you are
not using this already and see if that helps to keep the connection alive.

hope this helps,

--tom