Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to install the latest version bacula

2013-08-26 04:13:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to install the latest version bacula
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:09:44 +0200
Hello,

On 25 August 2013 20:36, Benny_pixelweb <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
I'm sorry the bacula version is 5.2.13. But i tried your link and there read the readme file.

version 5.2.11 is long gone from that repository, 5.2.13 is what's left.

The only thing is that i never have it installed the right way, in my first attempt where so manny errors that i want to do a new install on a clean centos installation.

That's the package that is going to appear in RHEL 7, the readme files have been written 4 hands with the new RedHat package mantainers, so unless you tried a source installation it's very hard that they do not install cleanly.

so i would like to have a good tutorial where i can do it step by step.

If you want a tutorial to install by compiling the source you need to follow the official Bacula manual.

And i'm thinking of using webmin (or do you not recommend it ).

Never used webmin.

Regards,
--Simone