Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] spool size

2013-08-17 12:47:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] spool size
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 18:43:26 +0200
On 08/16/2013 05:43 PM, Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:

I have Heartbeat interval set to 120 on the server and client.

There are a lot of places to set the Heartbeat Interval, maybe you missed
one.

When I tried to do a full backup of this client it seems to be running fine and after backing up 2.6TB it  failed with the following error:

15-Aug 02:14 ldy-sd JobId 7336: Writing spooled data to Volume. Despooling 536,871,105,512 bytes ...

15-Aug 02:30 mabo-fd JobId 7336: Fatal error: backup.c:892 Network send error to SD. ERR=Broken pipe

15-Aug 02:30 mabo-fd JobId 7336: Error: bsock.c:306 Write error sending 65536 bytes to Storage daemon:ldy.gsfc.nasa.gov:9103: ERR=Broken pipe

15-Aug 02:30 ldy-sd JobId 7336: Fatal error: spool.c:301 Fatal append error on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0): ERR=dev.c:513 Unable to open device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No medium found

All the other backups are running fine I don't understand why it is saying unable to open device after backing up 2.6TB. I would really appreciate any ideas.

Generally, the first error message printed is the important one (in this case, it is the first two). Any error messages
after that can be bogus.

Best regards,
Kern

Thank you.