Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] spool size

2013-08-16 11:19:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] spool size
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:16:44 +0200
Try turning on heartbeat.  Reducing the spool size probably won't
help.

If you still have problems please contact Bacula Systems :-)

Kern

On 08/08/2013 05:07 PM, Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:

I have two LTO5 tape drives. In the bacula-sd.conf file I have the spool size set-up as follows for both drives:

Maximum File Size = 10G

  Maximum Network Buffer Size = 65536

  Maximum Block Size = 262144

  maximum spool size = 900 G

 spool directory = /tower4/bacula_spool

I am having trouble backing up one server. I get network error while despoiling 900GB of spooled data. I want to reduce the spool size only for backing up this client to 500G. How do I manually run the backup of this client and specify the max spool size=500G? Please note that I don’t want to change the spool size for all the jobs or  clients.

Thank you.

Uthra