Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How does bacula handled interrupted jobs?

2013-08-16 11:13:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How does bacula handled interrupted jobs?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:10:25 +0200
Hello Josh,

Yes, I am aware of the SetThreadExecutionState() API, the problem is that
it at the last time I looked it was not in the mingw code which we use
for compiling
Windows.  I'll take another look, maybe a newer mingw version includes
it.  Many times
when mingw does not have the code, I add it myself, but I've been a bit
too busy
to spend time on that feature.  The source code is ready, but the API call
is commented out.

I have the same problem with Encrypted Windows filesystems, but that
has a much higher priority, and I have most of the code already written, so
it should be available before too long.

On using Virtual Fulls: yes, they are very useful.  Tip: don't use them
without
using Accurate mode on your Incrementals.  You can even use accurate mode
occasionally rather than all the time.  The point is that is the only
way to be 100%
sure that new files in the FileSet that have old dates/times are backed
up and that deleted
files actually go away and don't remain in your backup forever.

Best regards,
Kern