Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] save DB's online

2013-01-18 15:33:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] save DB's online
From: "K. M. Peterson" <kmp.lists+bacula-users AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:29:43 -0500
What do you mean by "online"?

In some environments, this is a synonym for "hot", so I interpret your question as whether Bacula has any particular specialized interface into any of these db engines that allows it to copy data in a consistent state.

The answer is "no".  What I think most of are doing is using the db copy or dump functionality or LVM (and similar technology) snapshots.

_KMP