Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] something very strange going on with my backup jobs lately.

2013-01-18 11:12:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] something very strange going on with my backup jobs lately.
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:08:47 -0500
On 2013-01-18 09:09, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> This is the older server in the environment, that im stuck with a
> couple months more while this legacy set of severs sets to stand down
> soon. So im stuck with this install that the previous admin left.
> Fortunately, my new server is running like a top. So today, I come
> in,
> and I see this:
>
>  6441 Incr 89 322.1 G OK 18-Jan-13 00:31 d1035-full-diff-inc-Job

Case in point: this is the amount of data backed up.

> Incremental job, backs up 322GB of data.
>
> [jhorne@h035 ~]$ df -h

> /dev/mapper/vg_d1035-lv_root
>
>  50G 7.3G 40G 16% /
>
> tmpfs 16G 76K 16G 1% /dev/shm
>
> /dev/sda1 485M 137M 324M 30% /boot
>
> /dev/mapper/vg_d1035-lv_data
>
>  1.3T 107G 1.1T 9% /data
>
> /dev/mapper/vg_d1035-lv_home
>
>  68G 5.1G 59G 8% /home
>
> As one can see, the server has about 140GB total.

This is the amount of data on the system right now.  The two are
clearly not the same measurement.  ;)

> So how is that possible?

Random thoughts:

- how much data was on the system when it was backed up?
- sparse files
- examine the output of this command if it helps: echo list files
jobid=6441 | bconsole
- you might have to try SQL instead to see the file sizes etc

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/