Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape Library and Cleaning Requests?

2013-01-16 06:07:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape Library and Cleaning Requests?
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: "f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de" <f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:05:26 +0100
Hi Frank,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:30:13AM +0100, f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de wrote:
> Right now I'm able to clean the drive after the job has finished - but
> is there any possibility that bacula itself handles the cleaning requests?

No, bacula does not know about the needed cleaning, all you can do
within bacula is define which label is a cleaning tape to prevent
bacula trying to mount it.
As there is currently no way to suspend/resume a job within bacula,
there is no way to do some cleaning in between, either.
What you could do is, if you have some way to detect when cleaning is
needed, to patch the mtx-changer script to just load the cleaning tape
if a tape change and cleaning is needed.
Possibly 'mt status' gives the needed info.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91