Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Client side FS detection

2013-01-16 05:53:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Client side FS detection
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:50:58 +0200
Hi all,

I'm aware this must be sort of an FAQ. I just failed to find good
examples in my searches.
What I'm looking for is how others solved listing the filesystems on a
client using a client-side command that is configured on the dir.

My goal is to backup everything "local" on a system, but the standard
example of looking for i.e. mounts from hda and hdb is not good.
For the sake of an example, lets say the individual servers could be
running FreeBSD or Linux and could be using udev to rename their
disks, or could be attaching more using iSCSI.
One idea I can think of is using a list of filesystem types that matter.
That way you can handle most things and also exclude cluster
filesystems like ocfs2 that should best be backed up with a different
job and separate fd.

On the other hand this idea might break if someone uses an esoteric
zbcdfs which i'm not expecting in my list of good filesystems.

How have you gone about solving this?

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and