Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors

2012-12-13 06:19:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:16:26 +0200
On Monday 03 December 2012 16:34:01 lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de wrote:

> Zitat von Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>:

> >> Enable = Yes in

> >> You have to disable VSS on all jobs for this Windows machine.
> >> Furthermore don't try this with data encryption or your FD will crash.
> >> If you configure both jobs without VSS and the FD without encryption
> >> it might work, but i still wonder if a multi director configuration is
> >> "supported" anyway.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Andreas
> >
> > I now got a natural test-case :)
> >
> > 1) I disabled VSS only on the job started 2nd and everything is
> > still working OK (so I don't have to disable VSS on ALL jobs)
> > 2) I also use encryption and I did not disable it, everything is
> > still working OK (so I don't have to disable encryption)
> > 3) The 2nd job ran parallel to the 1st one (so disabling VSS only on
> > the job(s) started later is enough)
>
> Do the two jobs really run in parallel eg. is there any progress on
> both of them? We have also tested this and with VSS enabled on the
> first job all subsequent jobs get started but simply wait for the
> first to finish. With no VSS at all both jobs started working and
> after some GB of the data the FD crash within openssl
> (http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1940). We only have one director
> but it is a client side thing as far as i know.

Yes, they actually run together. Logs from one night:

The 1st job:
08-Dec 23:05 JobId 84377: Start Backup JobId 84377
08-Dec 23:10 JobId 84377: Generate VSS snapshots. Driver="VSS Vista",
Drive(s)="EC"
09-Dec 03:56 JobId 84377: VSS Writer (BackupComplete): "Task Scheduler Writer",
State: 0x1 (VSS_WS_STABLE)
09-Dec 03:56 JobId 84377: Job write elapsed time = 04:45:37, Transfer rate =
180.3 K Bytes/second
  SD Bytes Written:       3,090,462,769 (3.090 GB)

The 2nd job (in another DIR):
08-Dec 23:55 JobId 11667: Start Backup JobId 11667
08-Dec 23:55 JobId 11667: Sending Accurate information.
08-Dec 23:55 JobId 11667: Job write elapsed time = 00:00:20, Transfer rate =
208.2 K Bytes/second
  SD Bytes Written:       4,165,167 (4.165 MB)

Silver