Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors

2012-12-03 10:38:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:34:01 +0100
Zitat von Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>:

> On Thursday 29 November 2012 16:28:11 lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>:

>> Enable = Yes in

>> > You have to try.
>> >

>> You have to disable VSS on all jobs for this Windows machine.
>> Furthermore don't try this with data encryption or your FD will crash.
>> If you configure both jobs without VSS and the FD without encryption
>> it might work, but i still wonder if a multi director configuration is
>> "supported" anyway.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andreas
>
> I now got a natural test-case :)
>
> 1) I disabled VSS only on the job started 2nd and everything is
> still working OK (so I don't have to disable VSS on ALL jobs)
> 2) I also use encryption and I did not disable it, everything is
> still working OK (so I don't have to disable encryption)
> 3) The 2nd job ran parallel to the 1st one (so disabling VSS only on
> the job(s) started later is enough)

Do the two jobs really run in parallel eg. is there any progress on
both of them? We have also tested this and with VSS enabled on the
first job all subsequent jobs get started but simply wait for the
first to finish. With no VSS at all both jobs started working and
after some GB of the data the FD crash within openssl
(http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1940). We only have one director
but it is a client side thing as far as i know.

Regards

Andreas