Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low

2012-11-29 02:53:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low
From: Andre Rossouw <andre AT arnet.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:24:48 +0200
> We've got nowhere with this unfortunately and are left to run the critical
> backups anyway knowing we would basically loose about 100GB per tape (x30+
> tapes) this becomes an $$$ issue. We tried a few things, but nothing has
> worked.
We had a similar issue with a Tandberg LTO4. Testing by local support
was inconclusive as they didn't seem to think it necessary to write more
than 90 GB.
The local supplier did replace the drive under warranty, and our issues
*magically* went away. We didn't change anything in the config files -
Bacula just wrote the expected amount of data again.

I would get your drive tested, if you have not already.

--
Andre Rossouw <andre AT arnet.co DOT za>