Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low

2012-11-19 01:23:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low
From: UserMOP <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:19:17 -0800
Thanks John,

We've had these tapes fill up to 420GB in the past (to it's native size). I
have added some extra Messages to see if error becomes apparent. We have
multiple pools/multiple tapes (up to 50 tapes) they all are full on odd 300GB
now days. Tape drive configuration in bacula is unchanged from the time when it
used to fill up to 420GB.

Few lines in bacula-dir config added.

    append = /var/log/bacula/messages.log = all, !skipped
    append = /var/log/bacula/errors.log = error, fatal, terminate
    append = /var/log/bacula/warnings.log = warning, security, alert

Not sure if I will learn anything new from these, but worth a shot.