Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low

2012-11-15 22:08:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low
From: UserMOP <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:07:03 -0800
Hello,

First time poster, love the community, been reading it for years but never had
an issue worth posting, until today. :)

Using Bacula Version: 5.0.1 (24 February 2010).

Our brand new LTO3 tapes are filling up too quick. Tapes that normally take
420GB are full at 320GB. This is a major concern for us. Please advise as to
what may be causing this?

Example:

| MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes        | VolFiles |
VolRetention   | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType | LastWritten         |
|     1 | Tape 1     | Full      |       1 | 325,470,071,808 |      326 |
31,536,000,000 |       0 |    1 |         1 | LTO3      | 2012-11-16 12:26:42 |

All our tapes show VolStatus like this, brand new or used only ones (which was
420GB Full)

I am sorry I do not know how to make this selection a quote.

Thankyou in advance.
 :P