Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Adding New Storage Device (HDD) to Bacula Server

2012-05-15 15:04:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Adding New Storage Device (HDD) to Bacula Server
From: "Humnphrey Bryant" <hbryant AT fogadaley DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:01:49 -0500

Hi All,

This is my 1st email to the "Bacula-users" Mailing list and I’m hoping I can get some feedback from the Bacula Community.

I’m running Bacula 5 on CentOS 6.2 x64 Workstation, The Workstation originally had a 1.5 TB Hard Drive inside (backup to file) that I use to back up a small File Sever.

I have since added a 1 TB drive to the Workstation (total two Drives and 2.5TB storage) and added it to my list of Storage Devices (FileStorage - Media Type File)

Bacula now has two (2) Storage Devices to backup to.

The 1st 1.5TB has just started been used and has only used about 20% of the total hard Drive Capacity, the volumes that I created were set to be expired , recycled and auto prunes so that the drives don’t run out of space when the file server size starts to increase.

  1. How will Bacula Treat/Handle 2nd New Drive that I’ve just added?
  2. Will the new drive only be used when the 1st drive has reached its full capacity?
  3. Can I Schedule backups’ to the New 1TB drive ONLY?
  4. When adding new drives for backups what are the best practices when it comes on to Bacula

Any Help appreciated

Thanks Much