Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Backups and Tape Storage Woes

2012-05-10 03:49:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Backups and Tape Storage Woes
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Jan Behrend <jbehrend AT mpifr-bonn.mpg DOT de>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 09:46:10 +0200
Helo,

2012/5/9 Jan Behrend <jbehrend AT mpifr-bonn.mpg DOT de>

> (...)
> requests manual mounting of the volume
> with the differential from the primary library on a drive in the
> secondary which of course is not possible. Both libraries have the same
> media type "LTO5" configured, whcih is actually true. I hope this is not
> the problem.

Media Type attribute indicates Bacula that it can use any "Media Type" volume on any "Media Type" storage device.
If both physical tape libraries has the same "Media Type" set to LTO5 then both libraries has to be able to mount _any_ LTO5 volume.
If this is not possible (I think it is possible but impractical) then you have to change a "Media Type" of the one tape library (and all its volumes).

I hope this helps.

--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net