Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Using bconsole to restore UTF8… encoded filenames with specials characters

2011-12-22 04:52:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Using bconsole to restore UTF8… encoded filenames with specials characters
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:50:22 +0100
Hello,

I have got a recurrent problem,
I run bacula 5.0
I run backups on an apple file server. People uses a lot file names
with UTF8 or Mac OSX char encoding.
When I want to restore, I 'd like to have some options that are in
bconsole but not in Bat.
My problem is when I want to restore one file. I cant select this
file/directory in bconsole ! Because "ls" command in bconsole returns
good file names but when you try to select the files with the same
names it's not working

Many times I restored  a whole part of the tree but it's often impossible .
Also it's annoying me in order to make a simple procedure for my
colleagues who aren't "very good" with bacula but who will have to
follow my documentation when they want to do a restore or in a
disaster recovery case. Moreover I wont always be there in . (use
bconsole, bat,… it's always a great question… if one fail, use the
other one, reselect the file…)

So have you an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Hugo