Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Volume Retention

2011-12-06 12:38:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Volume Retention
From: Craig Van Tassle <cvantassle AT purdue DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:35:53 -0500
I was trying to get a bit of a better grasp of Volume Retention and
recycling.

For Tapes I understand that after the Job, File and Retention Period
the Tape Volume is Marked as Recycled and can be reused again.

For Filed. What happenes after Job, File and Retention period expire?
Does the file get Deleted or Truncated if the Purge Action is set to
Truncate?

Also how can I figure out exactly how long a Volume will be saved.

For example I want to save my Tape Volumes for a year, My
Differentials for 6 months and my Incremental backups for 3 months.
I've tried setting the Retention time on those Pools for the correct
time but they don't seem to get truncated or deleted after the
retention period.

Thanks.

--
Craig Van Tassle