Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Storage Daemon

2011-06-30 17:42:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Storage Daemon
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jake Debord <jake.debord AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:39:33 -0400
2011/6/30 Jake Debord <jake.debord AT gmail DOT com>:
> I try to check the status of my storage daemon because I am ready to
> implement Bacula. My backups will not start and I assume it is because it
> can't connect to the SD. I have studied by .confs very closely and all the
> IP's, ports, and passwords seem to all match up.

Did you use an external ipaddress for the SD? I mean 127.0.0.1 or
localhost will not work if you want to backup more than the server
that bacula is on.

> Anybody have a suggestion
> what I may try to fix this? I can connect with bat.exe from my machine I
> want to backup. But baculafd.exe crashes after it starts.

You probably do not have a valid bacula-fd.conf in the directory that
bacula expects. Run it directly from the command line and see what
message it returns.

John