Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and TLS

2011-06-30 15:35:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and TLS
From: Ansgar Konermann <ansgar.konermann AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:32:25 +0200
Am 30.06.2011 20:28, schrieb Mike Hobbs:
> I'm trying to get TLS working with bacula, I'm following the
> instructions on this web site:
>
> http://www.devco.net/pubwiki/Bacula/TLS/
>
> I came to this statement "Repeat this certificate creation steps -
> create a key, csr and cert - for each of your clients and directors"
>
> My question is, is it possible to setup TLS and Bacula with the same
> certs and keys?  Do I really have to create and sign a cert for *every*
> client I want to back up?  I have hundreds of machines, I hope there is
> an easier way of doing this.

Hi Mike,

Clients sharing the same key can quite easily obtain access to files
backed up from a different client. If this is acceptable, you could also
use the same key.

If not, you might be able to automate key creation and distribution in
some way (scripting, puppet, ... whatever you like).

Regards

Ansgar