Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Device

2011-06-28 14:28:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Device
From: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:23:09 -0400
I'm almost ready with putting bacula into production but I'm still
debugging a few things and one of them is the "Device" line in my bacula
mail reports, and I was hoping someone could help me with this.

I'm running disk-based backups.  Bacula 5.0.3, Vchanger 0.8.6 and a
16-bay Promise jbod.

In my bacula-sd.conf file, I have these configurations:

Autochanger {
   Name = backup2-vchanger
   Device = jbod1-drive-1
   Device = jbod1-drive-2
   Device = jbod1-drive-3
   Device = jbod1-drive-4
   Device = jbod1-drive-5
   Device = jbod1-drive-6
   Device = jbod1-drive-7
   Device = jbod1-drive-8
   Device = jbod1-drive-9
   Device = jbod1-drive-10
   Device = jbod1-drive-11
   Device = jbod1-drive-12
   Device = jbod1-drive-13
   Device = jbod1-drive-14
   Device = jbod1-drive-15
   Device = jbod1-drive-16
   Changer Command = "/usr/local/vchanger/bin/vchanger %c %o %S %a %d"
   Changer Device = "/usr/local/bacula/etc/vchanger.conf"
}

Device {
   Name = jbod1-drive-1
   DriveIndex = 0
   Autochanger = yes;
   DeviceType = File
   MediaType = File
   ArchiveDevice = /usr/local/bacula/working/backup2-vchanger/0/drive0
   RemovableMedia = no;
   RandomAccess = yes;
}

Device {
   Name = jbod1-drive-2
   DriveIndex = 1
   Autochanger = yes;
   DeviceType = File
   MediaType = File
   ArchiveDevice = /usr/local/bacula/working/backup2-vchanger/1/drive1
   RemovableMedia = no;
   RandomAccess = yes;
}

etc..

I have a Device entry for each of my 16 drives (I am not even sure this
is necessary because I am using the autochanger config above).

My question, bacula mail reports have this line in them:

28-Jun 13:10 mtl-backup2-dir JobId 1: Using Device "jbod1-drive-1"

The backup worked fine, but the backup actually wrote all data to
"jbod1-drive-16", not drive-1.  I can't seem to figure out where bacula
is pulling the device name from.  I have written backups to many
different drives, but regardless of the drive it writes to, the mail
report always says it is using drive-1.  I'd like to get this to reflect
what drive it actually wrote to, if this is possible.

Thank you all for any help you can offer,

mike