Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Performance options for single large (100TB) server backup?

2011-06-28 12:50:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Performance options for single large (100TB) server backup?
From: Steve Costaras <stevecs AT chaven DOT com>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:47:06 -0500

Problem is not really just tape I/O speeds but the ability to get data to it.   I.e. the SD is running at about 50% cpu overhead right now (single core) so it could possible handle (2) LTO4 drives assuming a new SD is not spawned off per drive?

I don't really need 'rait' itself as that would double the probability of errors with pure bit striping.   Was thinking more of  one file to each or group of files so that files are intact on each tape (so if you loose a tape you're not loosing n*#drives worth of files, just the single tape's worth of files.