Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restore of large data set takes extremely long to build dir tree,

2011-06-24 16:32:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] restore of large data set takes extremely long to build dir tree,
From: "ted" <ted_buchwald AT excite DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:29:34 -0400
Hi,

I have an issue when trying a restore of a large data set consisting of about
6.5TB and 35,000,000 files the console takes an extremely long time to build
the directory tree, over an hr. After the tree is built I typed "mark *" and
this command ran for about 18 hours before I hit ctrl-c; the mySQL server
showed no activity and neither bconsole nor bacula-dir was not using any CPU,
so I believe the process just petered out. I was wondering if anyone has been
successful in restoring large TB data sets. Either ones containing a large
number of individual files or ones that are 6TB or larger with small file lists
and contain small number of large files?

A little more system info;

bacula-dir Version: 5.0.3 (director and storage reside on separate systems)
OS FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0

Thanks, in advance for any shared results!