Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula for openSuSE11.3 rpms missing

2011-06-14 15:51:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula for openSuSE11.3 rpms missing
From: Marc Chamberlin <marc AT marcchamberlin DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:47:26 -0700
On 6/13/2011 1:27 AM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On 06/12/2011 09:30 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
>> Any chance (psheaffer?) someone could contribute the rpms for
>> openSuSE11.3 x86_64 and put up on the bacula website, soon? I tried the
>> 11.2 versions, but the python version of libraries have been updated so
>> get a dependency error.
>>
>> Is it appropriate that I ask here on the forum, or should I submit a bug
>> report?  Thanks in advance,   Marc..
>>

> Hi Marc
>
> For openSUSE there's several way to get bacula.
> If you trust the way actual packager has done things (but only build for
> mysql)
> you can have it with the repository
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Archiving:/Backup
> (The base build, use a lot /etc/alternatives and is inspirited by fedora
> build)
>

> Otherwise, dassit (Bacula Network Partner) has build Bacula in their obs
> project home
>
> Mysql
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Adassit%3Abacula%3Abacula-mysql
> PostgreSQL
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Adassit%3Abacula%3Abacula-postgres
> Sqlite
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Adassit%3Abacula%3Abacula-sqlite
>
> etc...
> if you want to see more, go to build.opensuse.org and search dassit
> (They also have single-dir builds for example)
>

> I was waiting the 5.1/2x release before proposing full build for the openSUSE
> stack.
> But we need to wait this one stabilized before.
>
> I've personally build 5.0.3+ package for 113 114 and 12.1(factory) with a
> full rework on package name (especially libs-) to
> avoid conflicts etc.

Thanks Bruno, got it!  I was unable to locate Bacula in the main
openSuSE repositories,

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/...

but did find one that worked (with a small mod) from dassit.

Incidentally, I got told to go ahead and install openSuSE 11.4, and used the
dassit 11.4 version instead of the 11.3 version. So FYI, the Bacula website is
missing rpms for both openSuSE 11.3 and 11.4.

Again many thanks for helping, much appreciated!    Marc..