Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Feature idea : Copy in bat ; copy selection improvement ; multiple jobid in bconsole copy job and other copy idea…

2011-06-07 10:36:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Feature idea : Copy in bat ; copy selection improvement ; multiple jobid in bconsole copy job and other copy idea…
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:32:56 +0200
Hi

I have some ideas. What do you think about it ?

1. Be able to select dynamically various job to copy : a sort of
manual copy selection when you run a new job manually

2. Add a copy option in the jobrun list of bat when you right click on
one job or a job selection (with the CTRL key )

3. Select multiple job via the following command in bconsole:
run job=MyCopyJob-to-tape jobid=1000
So you can do the following
run job=MyCopyJob-to-tape jobid=1000,999,998…

4. Be able to copy from many pool in one so the nextpool directive
should be in the copy job resource.

For me I got many pools and one that is for Archiving on tapes ( call
it WORM tapes ) each month I want all the uncopied job and their
dependencies ( previous full, or diff or incs ) from many pools to be
archived on a tape. So I will have to use one tape to restore the full
and some incs.

For the moment I am trying to do that with an sql query but I need
more flexibility because on some months I will have to copy/or not
some extra data because my tape will be exceptionally ful or the
montly.

Does anybody know any supplementary manual about copy jobs because I
think it's not completely explained in Bacula manual

Best Regards