Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.3 Macintosh file daemon?

2011-05-31 05:29:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.3 Macintosh file daemon?
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Sean Clark <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:25:48 +0200
2011/5/27 Sean Clark <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>:
> On 05/27/2011 08:50 AM, Graham Keeling wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Does anybody know where I might be able to find a bacula-5.0.3 Mac file
>> daemon?
>> Or an installer?
>> Thanks.
> I recommend MacPort[1] for that.
>
> "port install bacula +client_only"
> "port load bacula" (as I recall)
>
> [1] http://www.macports.org/install.php

Take care with the ACL option if you need to backup ACL from your files.
There is a bug with lasts OSX versions. Something may changed in the
acl lib from Apple.

Moreover I dont recomend to use port to install bacula because most of
the time you are backing up a server. And on a server you dont have
the need to install all the developper environnement ( Mac Port
require XCode )

I think that the best way to install the osx FD is to install the
XCode on a recent mac and then to compile and build it as a package.
Never make a complete package with macport because if you want to keep
the libraries that you used for compilation with mac port you will
need to install all theses libraries via the package. If you want to
deploy this same package on another machine that got port installed it
will erase many directories of this port installation without warning.

So use the sources from the github and ./configure then ./make -C
./platforms/osx
Then you will have a package in the products subdirectory
I hope you understood, I am not very good in english.