Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up only Documents folder

2011-05-27 11:12:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up only Documents folder
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:09:39 +0100

> Indeed.. I've been able to understand all the other Documentation. But
> the whole fileset chapter still eludes me.. I cannot get my head around
> it....
>
> So you are right, I need to take an even closer look. But is there a
> trick though? Some kind of tidbit I'm missing?
>
> Please believe me when I say I've been trying for a few day's now, and
> All I've been able to do is either nothing under /home or everything...

Yes, it can be tricky.  You have to think about how Bacula walks down the
filesystem looking for files.

The description above (and comments within) the AllPictures example are
supposed to give all the important information, so if that isn't sufficient
then it would be useful to figure out how to improve it.

__Martin