Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-web error

2011-05-24 08:30:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-web error
From: "Robert Kromoser" <Robert.Kromoser AT kinamu DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:26:37 +0200

Hi folks.

No I installed and configured bacula-web as described in the link

http://bacula-web.dflc.ch/index.php/admin/articles/configuring-bacula-web.html

I got the correct test page as described in

http://bacula-web.dflc.ch/index.php/admin/articles/testing-your-bacula-web-installation.html

But if I try to start the default page with http://<server>/bacula-web/index.php

then I get the following error message:

DB Error: connect failed.

In my Bacula Evaluation system CBCK0001 the database user bacula has (sorry) no password.

My parameters in /var/www/html/bacula-web/configs/bacula.conf are:

root = /bacula-web

IndexReport = 1

mode = Full

lang = en_US

[.Database]

host = 192.168.100.93

login = bacula

pass =

db_name = bacula

db_type = mysql

# db_port = 3306

When I connect to mysql database with

mysql –u bacula –p

password:

without giving a password, just pressing enter

and then I change the database using

use bacula;

then I can select data from e.g.

select count(*) from Job;

Why cannot connect the bacula-web application to the mysql database bacula?

br Robert

PS:

In the link http://bacula-web.dflc.ch/index.php/admin/articles/configuring-bacula-web.html

you can see the following:

Modify the parameters in the config file config/bacula.conf following your database server configuration

but here is one “s” missing.

It should be

Modify the parameters in the config file configs/bacula.conf following your database server configuration