Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 15. Re: bweb installation

2011-05-24 08:47:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 15. Re: bweb installation
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Robert Kromoser <Robert.Kromoser AT kinamu DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:44:39 +0200
Op 24/05/2011 12:48, Robert Kromoser schreef:
> Dear Jeremy.
>
> I think, that I am not able to install bweb, because my yum search
> on my CentOS 5.5 did not bring any results about the needed perl libs.
> I tried the following:
>
> yum search libgd-graph-perl
> yum search libhtml-template-perl
> yum search libexpect-perl
> yum search libdbd-mysql-perl
> yum search libdbd-pg-perl
> yum search libdbi-perl
> yum search libdate-calc-perl
> yum search libtime-modules-perl
>
> Each of these statements returned
> No matches found for: ...
>
> I also startet ./bweb/cgi/bweb.pl and got many, many errors.
>
> If these libs are essential to install bweb then I won't be able to
> do that.
>
> Many thanks for your support and for the detailed installation
> documentation.
>
> I think I will better try bacula-web because Apache, Mysqld and PHP is
> already
> installed on my Bacula Server system.
>
> br Robert
Well, as they say here, only the sun comes up for free ;)

Yes, bweb (and mostly the perl dependencies) require some work to get
up-and-running.

A few are available directly from the CentOS repos, but under different
names than the ones you looked for:
perl-DBI and perl-DBD-MySQL, perl-Date-Calc for example.

Others are easy to find in other good repos like rpmforge
(http://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using)
perl-GD, perl-GD-Graph, perl-HTML-Template, perl-Time-modules,
perl-Expect ...

If all the above fails, theres always still CPAN, which should find and
install ANY package, as long as you have a compiler installed.

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm