Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-web error

2011-05-25 10:22:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-web error
From: Bacula-Dev <bacula-dev AT dflc DOT ch>
To: Robert.Kromoser AT kinamu DOT com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:53:53 +0200
Hi Robert,

Is the bacula-web installation and MySQL Server the same machine ?
Did you tried to change the ip address of the MySQL server by 127.0.0.1

Another test to do when you test with the MySQL client

# mysql -u bacula -h 192.168.100.93 -p

Best regards

Davide

Hi folks.

No I installed and configured bacula-web as described in the link

http://bacula-web.dflc.ch/index.php/admin/articles/configuring-bacula-we
b.html

I got the correct test page as described in

http://bacula-web.dflc.ch/index.php/admin/articles/testing-your-bacula-w
eb-installation.html

But if I try to start the default page with
http://<server>/bacula-web/
index.php
<http://%3cserver%3e/bacula-web/index.php>

then I get the following error message:

DB Error: connect failed.

In my Bacula Evaluation system CBCK0001 the database user bacula has
(sorry) no password.

My parameters in /var/www/html/bacula-web/configs/bacula.conf are:

root = /bacula-web
IndexReport = 1
mode = Full
lang = en_US

[.Database]

host = 192.168.100.93
login = bacula
pass =
db_name = bacula
db_type = mysql
# db_port = 3306

When I connect to mysql database with

mysql -u bacula -p
password:

without giving a password, just pressing enter

and then I change the database using

use bacula;

then I can select data from e.g.

select count(*) from Job;

Why cannot connect the bacula-web application to the mysql database
bacula?

br Robert

PS:

In the link
http://bacula-web.dflc.ch/index.php/admin/articles/configuring-bacula-we
b.html

you can see the following:

Modify the parameters in the config file config/bacula.conf following
your database server configuration

but here is one "s" missing.

It should be

Modify the parameters in the config file configs/bacula.conf following
your database server configuration