Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Full weekly backup setup [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

2011-05-23 16:26:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Full weekly backup setup [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Alan Langley <alan.langley AT naa.gov DOT au>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:23:11 -0400
> I guess I need to load 12 -16 tapes into my pool and set the retention
> period to a month?

Remember that the retention period is counted from the time the last
job was run on the volume after it was marked Used or Full so a month
may be too long.

> Once the full backup is completed each week take out
> the tapes that have been written to and allow Bacula to write to the
> next tape in the pool? I wouldn't want the last tape to be appendable,
> so would have to mark that tape as Full some how?

Specify Volume Use Duration and/or Maximum Volume Jobs

to have the tapes automatically marked used after your backup completes.

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0018150000000000000000

I left out the other questions because I do not have time to address
those at the moment.

John