Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] new hard drive mounted into ntfs filesystem of old hard drive

2011-05-23 16:27:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] new hard drive mounted into ntfs filesystem of old hard drive
From: Jeff Shanholtz <jeffsubs AT shanholtz DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:49:44 -0700

I added a hard drive to a system due to the old one filling up. In addition to the drive getting a new drive letter (D:), I also mounted it into a directory of my old hard drive (C:\MyNewHardDrive) in order to keep getting the contents backed up since I have backups configured to only do drive C:.

Last night the differential backups ran and from listing the files of that backup job it appears that bacula ignored C:\MyNewHardDrive. Is bacula “smart” enough to recognize that the directory is physically a separate drive and that’s why it was ignored? Is it possible to get bacula to back up this directory aside from adding drive D: to the list of drives to back up (which I prefer not to do)? Or is adding drive D: my only option?