Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] [SOLVED] OneFS = no doesn't work

2011-05-18 15:48:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] [SOLVED] OneFS = no doesn't work
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 21:45:57 +0200 (CEST)
> It is possible that the documentation is not as detailed or explicit
> as it
> could be, but the two different FileSets you wrote are totally
> different, and
> the parser works perfectly fine otherwise it would have reported an
> error.
>
> What is more likely is that the way two different Options blocks are
> interpreted (or executed) is non-trivial and different from what you
> understand.

First of all, to my own defence, this configuration was something I took over
after being absent from work a few weeks after an accident. We had a consultant
do the initial installation, and I thought it was ok.

Secondly, after looking at the code, it looks like there is some built-in
support for allowing multiple option blocks. A parameter 'pass' is passed to
the functions, and the options struct is only initialised if the value of
'pass' is one. However - I don't see this variable being incremented, but then,
I've only spent an hour or so looking into the code, and I sometimes find
object-oriented C a bit hard to follow.

Last, I would think the -t argument to bacula-dir should have reported this
issue

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--