Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mysqldump and Full,Diff,Incr

2011-05-17 06:54:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mysqldump and Full,Diff,Incr
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:51:48 +0100
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:31:15PM +0200, Robert Kromoser wrote:
> I have one question where I can't found any information in the bacula
> documentation.
> Question 1:
>
> The mysqldump backups via the bpipe plugin should be every backup run a
> full backup of the mysql database regardless which level will be used
> from the schedule, isn't it?

Yes.
As I understand it:
Bacula doesn't do delta differencing, so you will be backing up the whole
database each time, regardless of whether you have mysqldumped to a file, or
you are mysqldumping to bpipe.

Unless you can somehow get mysql to only give you the differences it has made
since the last backup. That might be a question to put to a mysql list. I've
never heard of such a thing, though, but I might be ignorant.

> Question 2:
> Where can I see which file sizes the pseudo filenames for the mysql
> databases has after the backup via plugin bpibe?

That is two questions, not one. :)
Sorry, I don't know the answer to the second question.