Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to dvd not working

2011-05-15 06:49:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to dvd not working
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 13:44:52 +0300
13.5.2011 19:08, Wouter Verhelst kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to set up bacula on my parents' laptop the other day so
> that they could do proper backups to DVD+RW disks. Only it isn't
> working.
>
> - Running 'dvd-handler /dev/dvdrw write 1 /tmp/foo' works perfectly; it
>   blanks the disc and writes the file /tmp/foo on it.
> - Running the 'label' command in the console after doing the above does
>   not work, since dvd-handler detects that something is on the disc
>   already but it does not recognize it, so it refuses to write to it.
> - Running 'dvd-handler /dev/dvdrw prepare' seems to work fine, it blanks
>   the disk.
> - Runnig 'label' again after the prepare does not work; dvd-handler
>   tries to mount the disc repetitively but fails, and the log reports
>   failure to read from the disk ('zero blocks received'). The storage
>   daemon then also segfaults for good measure.
>
> They're running the version of bacula that is in Debian squeeze.
>
> Is this just me, or should I file a bugreport somewhere?

An ancient version as of 2.0.2 works fine. Could not get any newser
version to work. And that was in Debian Lenny. But when I updraded
Debian to Squeeze, the dvd_handler (or the dvd+rw-tools) did not work
any more.

So I just bought a NAS, and back up to there. Using Squeeze's 5.0.2 now
and all works with my new NAS.

--

You will be misunderstood by everyone.