Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] left field gnome console question

2011-05-14 15:31:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] left field gnome console question
From: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 15:27:26 -0400
Hi All,

[I'll prefix this question by saying I think it's silly.  I'm asking
only for the sake of completeness when delivering a response to a
thread about packaging bacula for OpenCSW.]

I understand that the gnome console is deprecated functionality, but
I'm curious if version 2.2.8 would properly connect to modern daemons
at version 5.0.3?  Has the protocol changed significantly in backward
incompatible ways?  Would the old console be so limited in what it can
do as to be useless?  Are there other reasons that would see doing
such a thing be completely broken?

Thanks
-Ben
--