Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MaximumVolJobs not working!!!

2011-05-11 14:08:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MaximumVolJobs not working!!!
From: pedro moreno <syxtemx AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:06:26 -0700
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM, pedro moreno <syxtemx AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>>  Hi.
>>
>>  Want to understand why bacula 5.0.2 don't want to use my tape until
>> it reach the MaximumVolJobs.
>>
>> I have 2 pools:
>>
>> Full-Backups
>> Diff-Backups
>>
>> I will focus on Diff tapes.
>>
>> Storage: Tape.
>>
>> Pool Diff:
>>
>> Pool {
>>  Name = CompanyDiffTape
>>  Pool Type = Backup
>>  Use Volume Once = no
>>  Maximum Volume Jobs = 72
>>  Maximum Volume Files = 0
>>  Maximum Volume Bytes = 0
>>  Volume Use Duration = 0
>>  Catalog Files = yes
>>  Recycle = yes
>>  AutoPrune = yes
>>  dolume Retention = 180 days
>>  Label Format = TapeDiff-
>> }
>>
>> U can see that I want to have 72 jobs on each tape and save the tape
>> for 180 days. The problem is that bacula is using the tape just 1
>> week, next week he wants a new volume, in one week I can 36 jobs, with
>> 72 I can save 2 weeks.
>>
>> Reading the db, I see that tape-a have just 36 jobs for 72 maximum,
>> them why on earth he want a new volume and not finish this one.
>>
>> This happen every week.
>>
>> Some could point me if I had issues with my settings?
>>

> If you changed the settings after volumes were created the changes are
> not applied to existing volumes.
>
> Use bconsole
>
> update "pool from resource"
>
> then
>
> update "all volumes in pool"
>
> commands. I believe those are the commands or the wording is similar.
>
> John

I had done that, my volume have the info from the pool.
Even if I change my volume status from error to append,

VolJobs=36
MaxVolJob=72

run a job manually, he wants a new volumen, he doesn't want the current volumen.
I want to understand this behavior of bacula.