Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help Troubleshooting Windows FD

2011-05-05 08:54:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help Troubleshooting Windows FD
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 08:51:48 -0400
Dear Konstantin,
     Thanks very much for your response. With yours and others I was able to get the latest version of the client for Windows installed and working.

Sincerely Yours,
Shon

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2011 08:17:18 -0400
Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>      I am trying to install the latest Win64 client downloaded from
> bacula.org on a Windows 2008 server. The application does appear to
> install correctly, but when trying to start the service it fails to
> start and generates "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly".
>
>      I actually have gotten this error, on multiple client versions,
> on all my different version (2k, 2k3, 2k8) Windows servers for over 2
> years now. I've not EVER been able to run Bacula on Windows and
> really need some help figuring out why this is.

Start with debugging.
Assuming you have installed it under "%programfiles%\bacula", do this
(supposedly you will need to do this using an administrative account):
1) Run cmd.exe
2) cd "%programfiles%\bacula"
3) Run: bacula-fd.exe -c "%programfiles%\bacula\bacula-fd.conf" -t
  This should check your config file (specified via "-c"; you have to
  specify it explicitly because otherwise Bacula tends to look for it
  somewhere under your current user's %appdata%).
If Bacula reports any errors, fix them.
If it still doesn't work after fixing any errors detected,
4) Run: bacula-fd.exe -c "%programfiles%\bacula\bacula-fd.conf" -d 100
  Which will create a trace file (called "whatever.trace" in the
  bacula's installation directory with "whatever" being the name of
  this FD instance read from the configuration file).
  Look at that file to see what happens when bacula-fd starts up.