Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with acl

2011-04-27 12:12:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with acl
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:08:55 +0100

> On 15/04/2011 16:12, Bruno Friedmann wrote :

> >> Yes the filesystem where we restore have acl and user_xattr enabled but
> >> even with these options, no acl are restored.
> >>

> > So in that case did the acl exist in source ?
> > What's the output of a subset of backuped folders from
> > getfacl -R -n *
> >
> > Other stupid question, if bacula is compiled from source did you check if
> > you have enabled acl/xattr, and have corresponding
> > -devel package installed, otherwise you wouldn't get them inside bacula.
> >
> > As you see a bit more information about bacula, distribution, environnment
> > etc would help to solve your trouble.
> >
> > Here acl works from 1.3x series without any glitches ;-)
>

> I've made some tests and ACLs are not backuped/restored if there are
> multiple "Options" entries in an "Include" entrie.
>
> Example #1 of configuration where acls are NOT saved/restored :
> Include {
>    Options {
>      aclsupport = yes
>      xattrsupport = yes
>      @/etc/bacula/include-options.conf
>    }
>    Options {
>      wildfile = "*/.virus:*"
>      wildfile = "*/.scanned:*"
>      exclude = yes
>    }
>    File = /home
> }

You need to swap the two Options clauses to make it work (search for "the last
Options resource" in the documentation to see why).

> Example #2 of configuration where acls are CORRECTLY saved/restored :
> Include {
>    Options {
>      aclsupport = yes
>      xattrsupport = yes
>      @/etc/bacula/include-options.conf
>      wildfile = "*/.virus:*"
>      wildfile = "*/.scanned:*"
>      exclude = yes
>    }
>    File = /home
> }

I think this combination is horrible, because it looks like it adds options to
files that will be excluded :-)

> But the official documentation explains that example #1 should work :
> http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION00680000000000000000

The examples are different from your case because they use multiple Include
clauses, not multiple Options clauses.

__Martin