Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with acl

2011-04-15 10:14:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with acl
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:12:53 +0200
On 04/15/2011 03:10 PM, laurent flori wrote:
> Le jeudi 14 avril 2011 à 20:19 +0200, Bruno Friedmann a écrit :
>> On 04/14/2011 02:57 PM, laurent flori wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We are using bacula for system and datas backup for all our modules here
>>> and we have problems for restoring acls. Even with these stanzas in the
>>> configuration file, no acls are restored.
>>> We have this in our config file:
>>>
>>> Include {
>>>   Options {
>>>     aclsupport = yes
>>>     xattrsupport = yes
>>>     @/etc/bacula/include-options.conf
>>>   }
>>>
>>> We are using bacula version 5.0.1 in ubuntu.
>>>
>>> Are we missing something ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any clue about this problem.
>>>
>>> Cordially
>>> Laurent Flori
>>> EOLE Team
>>> http://eole.orion.education.fr/
>>>

>> Just be sure where you restore is mounted by a filesystem with acl enable
>>
>> a mount command should show for ext3/4 fs a acl,user_xattr option
>> xfs is native, and also latest btrfs build.
>>

> Yes the filesystem where we restore have acl and user_xattr enabled but
> even with these options, no acl are restored.

So in that case did the acl exist in source ?
What's the output of a subset of backuped folders from
getfacl -R -n *

Other stupid question, if bacula is compiled from source did you check if you
have enabled acl/xattr, and have corresponding
-devel package installed, otherwise you wouldn't get them inside bacula.

As you see a bit more information about bacula, distribution, environnment etc
would help to solve your trouble.

Here acl works from 1.3x series without any glitches ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador