Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with acl

2011-04-27 11:30:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with acl
From: le dahut <le.dahut AT laposte DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:26:45 +0200

On 15/04/2011 16:12, Bruno Friedmann wrote :
> On 04/15/2011 03:10 PM, laurent flori wrote:

>>> Just be sure where you restore is mounted by a filesystem with acl enable
>>>
>>> a mount command should show for ext3/4 fs a acl,user_xattr option
>>> xfs is native, and also latest btrfs build.
>>>

>> Yes the filesystem where we restore have acl and user_xattr enabled but
>> even with these options, no acl are restored.
>>

> So in that case did the acl exist in source ?
> What's the output of a subset of backuped folders from
> getfacl -R -n *
>
> Other stupid question, if bacula is compiled from source did you check if you
> have enabled acl/xattr, and have corresponding
> -devel package installed, otherwise you wouldn't get them inside bacula.
>
> As you see a bit more information about bacula, distribution, environnment
> etc would help to solve your trouble.
>
> Here acl works from 1.3x series without any glitches ;-)

I've made some tests and ACLs are not backuped/restored if there are
multiple "Options" entries in an "Include" entrie.

Example #1 of configuration where acls are NOT saved/restored :
Include {
   Options {
     aclsupport = yes
     xattrsupport = yes
     @/etc/bacula/include-options.conf
   }
   Options {
     wildfile = "*/.virus:*"
     wildfile = "*/.scanned:*"
     exclude = yes
   }
   File = /home
}

Example #2 of configuration where acls are CORRECTLY saved/restored :
Include {
   Options {
     aclsupport = yes
     xattrsupport = yes
     @/etc/bacula/include-options.conf
     wildfile = "*/.virus:*"
     wildfile = "*/.scanned:*"
     exclude = yes
   }
   File = /home
}

But the official documentation explains that example #1 should work :
http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION00680000000000000000

I've made my tests with following :
* always used the same directory to save (where 'getfacl' shows some
acls of course)
* always used the same directory to restore (some successful tests prove
that this directory is on a filesystem that supports acls)
* at every configuration change, I've deleted and re-created bacula
sqlite3 catalog and deleted existing backup volumes on backup

This bug appeared between bacula 3.0.1 and bacula 3.0.3.

Bacula version is 5.0.1 (5.0.1-1ubuntu1)
Ubuntu version is 10.04 LTS

Hope this helps.